Blackwood to lead Panorama staff

After three years on staff, junior Annabelle Blackwood has been named the new editor-in-chief of the Panorama yearbook staff. 

The selection of the editor-in-chief requires intensive planning by not only adviser Alex Hollis but also the staff as a whole. 

“The (returning) staff has a lot of say in how they pick their new student leader,” said Hollis. 

Typically, there is competition among staff members, but that was not true this year. 

“It was a collective decision that she was the right person,” said Hollis.

The yearbook staff feels very confident in choosing Blackwood as their new editor. Senior Gabby Freire, who has been the co-editor for the past two years, can agree with this as well. 

“I think she is a good fit just because of how much she loves it and how invested she is,” said Freire.

Assuming the responsibilities of an editor can be daunting.

“I was nervous because there were a lot of things that go into the yearbook,” said Blackwood. After her staff members told her that they were here for her and how this position is right for, she decided to take on  the role. 

Blackwood is extremely proud of what she has accomplished so far through her years on staff. 

“It is definitely a blessing because you have worked up all this time and all of the effort to show that you are qualified for this position,” said Blackwood. 

Freire has one last piece of advice for the new editor.

“Don’t worry about the little things because, in the end, people won’t understand; just look at the big picture,” said Freire.

With her new role on staff, she looks forward to many new and exciting things. 

“I definitely want to show people that you can do anything that you put your mind to,” said Blackwood.

Blackwood will lead the staff next year, but she will have a leadership team to work with.

The assistant editors are sophomores Ella Hollis and Shaylie Rogers, the assistant manager/social media manager is sophomore Elizabeth Lawson and the business manager is sophomore Anna Kelley.