New assistant principals ready to make mark on Chapman family

This year Chapman welcomed two new assistant principals to the Chapman family.

Despite the fact that this is their first year at Chapman, they are eager and bring a lot of experience.

Joe Anderson is one of the new assistant principals.

He has not always had a career in education, but it’s in his blood.

“My mom is a retired special education teacher, and I spent a long time as a white water rafting guide, and when I wanted to get out of that, my mom kinda talked to me about teaching as a profession,” Anderson said.

Since then, he has worked as a teacher in high school as well as an assistant principal at a middle school.

In addition to multiple other administrative responsibilities, Anderson will work with 11th and 12th-grade students.

In his free time, he enjoys cooking and playing golf.

This year Anderson is looking forward to “creating bonds with students; helping them as they move on to the rest of their lives.”

James Logan is the second assistant principal to be added to the Chapman family like Anderson, Logan wasn’t always in education.

“Education isn’t something I started with,” he said. “I was an optical tool designer by degree. And then I always loved teaching, so I eventually went back to school for education.”

In his free time, he loves spending time with his family, traveling, riding his motorcycle and being outdoors.

Logan loves being at Chapman for many reasons.

“I love teaching, I love being with the students,” he said. “I love that there is something new every day, and it’s always exciting.¨

The addition of these two men means that Chapman now has a fully staffed administration for the first time since 2020.

Assistant Principal Amy Driggers believes that having more hands on deck is a positive change that has benefited her and made her more able to do her job.

“I have been much more able to deal with the things we want to do to keep growing and be better,¨ Driggers said.

Having more people means that Chapman now has new eyes and new perspectives to see and take care of both large and small obstacles.

“Sometimes, you just get used to things because you’ve always been here, so they bring in a fresh set of eyes and perspectives that can help us have creative solutions to things or identify problems or issues that we didn’t see because we’ve just been here for so long that we had just gotten used to them or didn’t notice the concern,” said Driggers.

Two new assistant principals, now making a full administrative staff means that Chapman can continue to grow, and get better day by day.

As the year begins Logan has clear goals of what he wants to accomplish this year:

“To be an advocate for the students, parents, community, and for the staff. Just to get involved. Be part of the family, as Mr. Davis would say.”

Donate to The Prowl
$500
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.