The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Why homework is necessary

It’s the first day of the week and you don’t feel like doing anything. Then suddenly, your teacher gives you a 20-question homework assignment for you to do at home. 

Right now you’re very annoyed at your teacher but here’s the truth: Your teacher is trying to help you. It may seem at first that your teacher is being unreasonable for giving you homework but the thing is, homework is actually good for you. 

According to GreatSchools, high school students that do homework perform 69% better than students who don’t do homework. The purpose of homework is to help students review at home so they have a better understanding of the things taught that day.

More benefits of homework are that it teaches students how to manage their time, helps teachers determine how well students are doing, and homework helps parents know what their child is learning at school. 

I know most of you don’t like homework and that’s okay, but one thing you all dream of is to be successful. The first step to have a better chance of being successful is to go to college. 

Homework can help you study for tests and practice so when the day comes to take the test you will be prepared and likely ace the test. 

Don’t be stressed out because you weren’t prepared for more work after school. Homework was designed to help you more than harm you. At times it may seem that way, but in reality, without homework, people wouldn’t be getting good grades as much. 

Homework is one of the most time consuming things but it’s also the most rewarding thing. If you put the time and effort into homework then it will pay off in the future. 

My message to yall is don’t view homework as a negative thing, but view it as practice material and a friend that is there to help study with you.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.