The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Why it’s important to take the PSAT and SAT

It’s your junior and senior year, and you’re wondering if you should take the PSAT and SAT. My answer for you is yes. 

The PSAT and SAT are two of the most important tests that you’ll need to take in order to have a good future. You might be wondering why I would say that. Well, most colleges look for good test scores and academic achievements in a student so by taking those two tests you can potentially benefit from them. 

The PSAT stands for Practice SAT so it won’t be as hard as the SAT.  While the PSAT helps you review for the SAT and get potential scholarships, the SAT also helps you get scholarships, advanced courses and admission to selective institutions. 

By putting your score on the SAT you can make a better impression on the college which can help you better the chances of getting into that college. “Taking the SAT was one of the reasons I made it into my dream college,” said English teacher Alex Colson. 

Most people are scared to take the PSAT or SAT because they don’t think they’re smart enough, but it’s okay. 

Don’t panic about getting a bad score on these two tests because if you don’t do well you can retake it anytime to bring a higher score in. 

Even if you’re only going into a college that doesn’t require good grades and a lot of academic achievements, you should still take the SAT because if you put your SAT score in, better colleges might offer you a scholarship there which can help you in your field. 

The main point of the SAT and the PSAT isn’t to hurt you in any way. Its main purpose is to give you a better shot at going to college. Nothing in school is made to harm you. The only harm that will harm you is you so take the SAT.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.