The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

The importance of quality cafeteria food

The quality of food in the cafeteria is very important. Being able to have access to tasteful and healthy food during the school day not only affects our physical health, but it also improves our academic performance. Schools must provide better food options in the cafeterias.

Right now, lots of cafeterias currently offer processed and unhealthy foods, such as greasy foods, sugary snacks, etc. 

Although these options are very convenient, they lack the necessary nutrients and vitamins that our bodies need. 

By offering more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. schools will be able to help students establish healthier eating habits that could benefit kids for years to come. 

According to the CDC, “Obesity affects one in six children and adolescents in the United States.”

School cafeterias play an important role in children’s eating habits, as they consume at least one meal at school. 

By providing healthy and balanced meals, students will be introduced to a variety of healthy food options.

A better cafeteria menu can also contribute to the happiness of students. They won’t have to worry about eating bland, tasteless meals every day. 

By increasing the variety of foods offered in cafeterias, more students will look forward to meals while enjoying lunch with their friends. This creates a positive environment within the school.

When providing nutritious meals, students are educated about the importance of eating healthy and making healthier food choices. 

This will not only benefit students during school but also at home.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.