Sellars steps down as Prowl editor

The top position on the newspaper staff is the editor.

The editor has a difficult job to do on the staff. Not only does she have to assemble her own articles and opinion pieces, but she has to make sure that everyone around the school knows about the website that is known as “The Prowl,” which is Chapman’s own online newspaper.

The newspaper’s editor is senior Kinzie Sellars. She has been the editor for three semesters and the other members of the staff have depended on her to guide them in the right direction in terms of productivity and producing quality journalism.

This, however, is her last semester on staff.

Staff member sophomore Parker Morin has been been influenced by Sellars in a positive way.

“Kinzie has been very encouraging and helpful to me during my time on staff and if there is something that I don’t understand she is always willing to help me,” Morin said.

Sellars has had a remarkable time here at Chapman, and she will definitely miss all of her friends that she has made along the way.

“My time on the staff is something I will never forget,” Sellars said. “I’ve learned so much and developed relationships with people that I now consider family. I will miss everyone more than anything.”

English teacher and yearbook adviser Alex Hollis has kind words for Sellars and along with many others, he is not happy to see her leave.

“The biggest thing about her is her work ethic and love for newspaper,” Hollis said. “She is always willing to interview administrators, and the people under her see how important the class is to her.”

Not only has Sellars made a name for herself at the school but also has created an image to many students of what the perfect student is made of.

Hollis even said that his fondest memories of her were times when she was determined to cover a topic and jump through all hoops necessary to get what she needed to compose the article.

There is no doubt that the class will not be the same for staff members, but she has set the stage for future writers in the school.

“I hope that as I leave, the staff members will remember how important they are to me and how much I love them,” Sellars said. “It’s not every day that you get to have a family away from home, but I have exactly that and that’ll never change, on staff or off.”