The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Pace and Morin honored for work with seniors

On Sept. 29 math teacher Beth Morin and virtual lab teacher Ricky Pace were selected as the Jostens Making A Difference Award winner. This award is given to those who don’t get recognized enough for what they do for their school, and as senior sponsors, Morin and Pace are often not given credit for how much work they put in, specifically when it comes to planning graduation.

Graduation is more than a ceremony. There’s a ton of planning that goes on behind the scenes.

“Most people in the school don’t realize what they do,” Principal Matt Davis said.

Behind the scenes, Morin and Pace work above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect for the seniors. 

“They don’t see Mr. Pace on the football field with a tape measure and flags sweating every year lining up to make sure that everything is exactly right,” Assistant Principal Amy Driggers said.

Driggers also sees Morin putting in just as much work.

“They don’t see Mrs. Morin painstakingly checking pronunciation, to make sure that when the child’s name is called that it’s correct,” she said.

Without the precise work of Morin and Pace, graduation would never happen.

“If it didn’t get done, catastrophic things would happen,” Driggers said.

Morin is extremely thankful for the recognition of her hard work. 

“It was really good, it was really nice,” Morin said. 

Along with Morin, Pace was extremely grateful.

“I’m humbled that someone was willing to give that to me and Mrs. Morin,” Pace said.

Morin and Pace don’t work hard for graduation to get recognized, they just do it, and do it very well.

“They do it out of a sense of love for Chapman,” Davis said.

Chapman students and faculty greatly appreciate Morin and Pace for all that they do.

“Those are things that just happen because of Mr. Pace and Mrs. Morin,” Driggers said.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.