Rostron brings love of chorus to students

Rebecca Rostron has been involved with chorus since since she was in the sixth grade. She continued through high school and college and has now been teaching chorus for 19 years.

She wants to bring her passion for the subject to her students

“My goal is that in chorus my students will grow in their knowledge of music and ultimately become more confident as musicians and in life,” Rostron said.

Her students feel that she accomplishes that goal.

“Sometimes she gets mad when we do things wrong, but it’s only because she loves us and wants us to be the best version of us,” sophomore Logan Simpson said. “She’s very unique and connects personally with all her students.”

“Rostron is an amazing teacher who is constantly encouraging and pushes her students to be the best us,” sophomore Sarah Margaret Reid said.

Rostron says that sometimes teaching chorus is difficult because everyone comes into chorus on different levels therefore she has to focus more on individualizing the lesson towards each person, but the results are always worth it.

“When a student has been struggling with one specific song or task and the light finally comes on and it clicks, that is one of the most rewarding feelings,” Rostron said.

Students say they appreciate her willingness to work with them and make them feel comfortable.

“She gives great advice and never lets her students feel down or apprehensive.” Reid said.