Five students receive career perfect attendance

Hallie Ridings

Senior Tashaun Wallace enters Chapman for another day. Wallace has career perfect attendance.

There is no doubt that achieving perfect attendance for one year is no easy task. But this year at Chapman, five students are being recognized for having perfect attendance for their full 12 years of school.

The students that are confirmed to have perfect attendance all of their years in school are Alyssa Cody, MacKenzie Greene, Isabella Seng, Trevis Jeter and Tashaun Wallace.

“It means they went to school when they were sick, and they were very dedicated in doing so,” Assistant Principal Ricky Pace said. “They also saw the goal and achieved it.”

Pace also stated that this was the most that he had ever seen in his 17 years.

The students will be recognized by the Spartanburg “Herald-Journal” as well as the South Carolina Department of Education.

Jeter said that he does sees his accomplishment as reflective of all the opportunities that he has had to learn.

“It doesn’t make me feel much of anything except that I feel like I am learning more than someone that does not come to class,” Jeter said.

Similarly, Wallace said that he did not necessarily intend to have perfect attendance but that he simply wanted to be at school as much as possible.

“It feels good to know that I have not missed school in over 12 years,” he said.