The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

“Carrpool Karaoke” allows Carr to reach the community

This semester,  junior Adelle Bozarth and sophomore Makenna Carter of The Prowl started a new series: “Carpool Karaoke,” a series based on James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke” segment.

The extra “r” in the show’s title isn’t a typo, though.

It’s because they have a third person in the car: driver’s education teacher Kevin Carr.

Carter said that she and Bozarth wanted to do something beyond writing news stories for the newspaper.

“We decided to go and try something new and ended up with ‘Carrpool,’” she said.

In each episode, the three sit in the driver’s education car, talk and sing songs. In one episode, Carr gave life advice to Chapman faculty and students; in another, he provided tips about driving during an eclipse.

“It’s been fun working with Coach Carr,” Bozarth said. “I’ve learned a lot from him.”

Carter agrees that working with Carr is a pleasure.

“Carr is sweet and very funny and that makes it easy to work with him,” she said.

Although only three episodes have aired, Carr has gotten an overwhelmingly positive response from the school and from community members via social media.

“The experience has taken a life of its own,” he said. “It’s touched me and warmed my heart to be a part of it.”

Carr said he wants to use the platform to entertain but also to teach people about safe driving.

“Driving safely is one thing that we cannot overlook,” he said.

As the series progresses, Carr wants his primary purpose to be known:

“The impact I want to have here is to make sure that everyone knows that I care about them.”

All episodes of “Carrpool Karaoke” can be found at CHSProwl.com or on Instagram  @chapmanprowl.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.