The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

New weight room aides athletes

Chapman has a new weight room with new equipment replacing equipment that is up to 18 years old.

Strength and conditioning coach Jason Watson believes that the new weight room will be beneficial for a variety of reasons.

“It will make the weight rooms safer,” he said. “It will open up space more where students are less likely to get injured because of the fallen plates due to the current racks.”

The new equipment will also allow athletes to do different exercises.

“I hope we will actually be able to do more work instead of relying on just bands and kettlebells for auxiliary lifts,” Watson said. “Now we have other capabilities.”

Senior athlete Harrison Bridges is confident the new weight room will be a benefit for the athletic department.

“I think the new equipment will help us prepare ourselves for athletic events like football,” he said. “The better weights will help safety and the new floor will help with power clean and things like that.”

Sophomore Jasiah Copeland is excited about the weight room and its potential to help him with football.

“The new weight room will affect me because the more lifts we have, I can move my muscles in a variety of ways to build me up through football season,” he said. “I feel like I will build off this weight room more than the last one due to the more stuff we have and the more room.”

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.