The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Class of 2024 Farewell

Ashley Lee

Spring semester senior year is always a tough time for teachers. While seniors celebrate the end of their high school careers, teachers find themselves a little more reflective as they think about what it’s meant to work with these students who are soon heading out into the world. 

This is especially true for me as the adviser of the newspaper. These last four years — the last two, in particular — have seen growth for this publication that I couldn’t have imagined. Not only have we increased our readership and viewership but we’ve done so while producing quality material. 

I credit my seniors this year with helping. No matter how long they’ve been on staff, they’ve contributed greatly to our success, and I am thankful for their contributions. 

Khyrstyna Boyko joined the staff this semester, and I wish she’d joined sooner. She is quiet, but her work is excellent. Her front-page story about Mrs. Williams leaving, for example, has garnered attention from people in the school and outside of the school. I appreciate Khrystyna’s dedication and willingness to step outside of her comfort zone to help this semester be a strong one!

Chloe Bishop has only been on staff for a year, but I had the privilege of teaching her in AP Language last year. That means we have spent two years together, and in that time, Chloe has become one of the highlights of my day. Chloe is funny and witty, and she has faced a variety of life challenges with humor. She adapted quickly to The Prowl’s particular style of writing, and she has contributed a variety of really well-done pieces. I don’t know what it will be like not having one of the three Newspaper Ninjas (along with Kaitlin and Avery) next year, but I know it’ll be sad. 

Sarah Collins has been on staff for six semesters, making her the longest-serving member of The Prowl staff this year, and one of my longest-serving staff members ever! Sarah started as a J1 student with Mr. Crittendon in 2021 and joined the staff soon after. She has been a part of our growth from a small staff of five to a staff with 20+ members. She has contributed a variety of pieces including news, features, sports and A&E. She takes pride in being part of staff, and I greatly appreciate that. I’m not sure what we’ll do without her stories and jokes next year or without her making fun of me. Sarah, I want to thank you for being a constant for this staff over the last three years. You’ve really helped us grow and succeed!

On behalf of the entire staff, I want to say thank you to all three of you! Thank you for working hard, for showing up and for caring about The Prowl. I will miss you. We will miss you.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.