College Knowledge: North Greenville University

North Greenville University is a private Christian college founded in 1892. Its located in the small town of Tigerville, South Carolina. Spread across 330 acres, the college offers a large campus with recently updated sports facilities, along with other amenities that attending students will enjoy.

Student Teacher Katie Williams is currently a senior at NGU. She chose this college for the intimate feeling it offered. “I chose North Greenville because of how small the class sizes are, and I liked how you get to know your teachers,” William’s said. “I really liked how personal it was.”

With only 2,345 undergraduates, and a 14:1 student/teacher ratio, NGU is a great option for anyone wanting a small college experience. “I love the relationships I’ve built, even with teachers from my freshman year,” Williams said. “I still have those teachers I can go to.”

With 42 distinct undergraduate degrees to choose from, prospective students have a lot of options. English, intercultural studies, theatre, sports management and health science are just a few of the degrees you can receive at NGU.

66% of students live on campus, and with high-quality facilities and housing, it makes living on campus an enjoyable experience.

“I lived on campus for two years. I liked it; you were close to the dining hall and your classes. It was easier than having to commute to class every day,” Williams said. “It was like living with all your best friends right down the hall.”

NGU was ranked 2nd in online colleges. With an acceptance rate of 59% and an average tuition cost of $18,750, NGU is an affordable and excellent choice for Chapman students wanting to keep their costs low and stay close to home.

For more information about NGU, visit their website here.