Life after Chapman for three standout seniors

Twitty, Bailey and Miller

Last week, three of Chapman’s seniors signed to continue their football career into college. DJ Twitty signed to East Tennessee State University, Colton Bailey signed to Newberry College and Shaundre Miller signed to Wingate University, and each made their choice on where to go with the same mindset for success both academically and on the field.

“They [Wingate University] have a great sports medicine program which I might go into,” Miller said. “But the people there, it’s a wide variety of people that made me feel at home. It’s just a great atmosphere at Wingate.”

Twitty feels the same about East Tennessee State University, with the success that can be achieved on and off the field.

“I like the coaches, the atmosphere up there, the football program, and it was a good choice for my academics for various reasons,” Twitty said.

All three had great things to say about how Chapman has prepared these boys for life after high school.

“Academically, the teachers come every day to try to help you be the best you can,” Bailey said. “The same for the coaching staff, they both prepare you to go to college.”

“Chapman is a great school with a great academic program if you access yourself in the right way and want the good grades,” Miller said. “From the weight room, to the practice field, to the classroom, I think Chapman is better at preparing student athletes and not just students and athletes for college.”

As they go forward, they’re leaving an amazing football program and people to look up to them here at Chapman.

“High school goes by fast, so live every moment like it’s your last,” Twitty said.

“Work hard, don’t take any game you play or practice you go to for granted,” Miller said. “‘Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard’, keep that in the back of their [underclassmen] heads as they work.”

We at Chapman will miss the seniors leaving this year, but look forward to seeing what they will do with their life after Chapman High School.