College Knowledge: Limestone College

Limestone University is a private four-year co-ed college located in Gaffney, South Carolina. The school was founded in 1845, and the current president is Darrell Parker.

Chapman math teacher Drew Sloan is a graduate of Limestone and majored in Math Education.

Sloan said that he loved the smaller environment of Limestone but also noted that it was very diverse.

“Meeting new people and learning about new cultures was very interesting.  I am still in contact with some of them to this day,” Sloan said.

Limestone has a 55:45 male to female ratio and has about 3,500 students currently.

Athletics are a very big part of the school, and it offers 12 sports at the NCAA Division II level.

Sloan was also on the golf team for four years and was involved in several groups such as a Resident Assistant and even started a math club that helped tutor other students.

Sloan noted that there were several factors that influenced him to pick Limestone over other local colleges.

“I chose Limestone because I felt the atmosphere was similar to Chapman, and I was able to continue playing the game of golf. The scholarship money also helped in this decision,” Sloan said.

The Gaffney campus is the main campus but the school also offers classes in Yemassee, Greer, Charleston, Kingstree, Graniteville, Florence, and Columbia.

The school was built on a real Limestone quarry that is very historic, which adds to the very different character of the school.

Limestone is definitely a school where you can be yourself and be proud to represent the Saints.