Catching up with some past panthers

Chapman Alumni reflect on their time here at Chapman and life after graduation.

Kinzie Sellars graduated from Chapman in 2017. She used to be the editor for The Prowl, and now is a freshman at Clemson University. She is double majoring in secondary education and English. She also works at a tanning salon on the weekends she is home. Sellars has a lot that she misses about Chapman, but the close environment is at the top of her list. “It is hard to pick one thing I miss most about Chapman. I miss the love, care, and support from my teachers, administrators and classmates. I miss the social aspect. One would think that it would be easy to get involved and talk with people at a campus as large as Clemson is, but it’s actually very hard. I miss the small class atmosphere and everyone knowing everyone. It’s hard to make your mark at such a huge school or find time to make a difference either.” Sellars wants to encourage students to make the most of their time at Chapman. “I think it’s important, no matter what, to enjoy one’s four years at Chapman because, I promise, you will miss them! And of course, I miss my Newspaper family each and every day,” Sellars said.

Savanna Fain graduated from Chapman in 2015. She now attends Converse College and is majoring in history, with a minor in German. Her work experience includes an internship at the beginning of the year. “I do not miss a lot, but I do miss how easy it was in comparison to college in pretty much all academic aspect.”

William Lanford graduated from Chapman in 2015. He is now a junior at USC Upstate and is majoring in Sports and Exercise Science. He works at the Hampton Inn in Duncan to help pay for college expenses. Lanford misses the sport aspect of Chapman the most. “I miss running track and field with Coach Robert Grey and all my friends my last two years at Chapman, as well as the strength and conditioning coach that was there when I attended Chapman, coach Marian Gramling,” Lanford said.

Andrew Copeland graduated from Chapman in 2015. He is now in his junior year at Wofford College, studying history with a concentration in Education. Copeland is also working while attending college. “I have two jobs working on campus at Wofford on call (essentially telemarketing calling) and I’m the youth coordinator at Central United Methodist Church,” Copeland said. When asked about what he misses most about Chapman, he said, “This is going to sound completely opposite than what you hear, but I miss this freedom to be a kid. In high school, you don’t really have to make any life decisions that affect the rest of your life, so you can relax more. I also miss Mrs. McClure and my Spanish III class.”

Cory Wall graduated from Chapman in 2008. He has a lot to show for his hard work since graduating. “I graduated from North Greenville in 2012 with a Bachelors in psychology. Then I graduated from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in 2015 with a Master of Arts in ministry leadership,” Wall said. “I’m currently the Student Pastor at Northbrook Baptist Church.” Wall had some great advice for current Chapman students. “To be honest, high school was not my favorite, and I don’t miss a whole lot about it, but a diploma is a necessity. You just have to work hard, and get it done!” Wall said.