Freshmen Spotlight: Taking on the first semester

As we near the end of our first semester, freshmen are settling into the next four years. The Prowl talked with three freshmen–Tristian Lewis, Sara Bryant, and Daniel Hall–to find out how their Panther experience has been so far.

What has been the biggest change from Mabry?

Lewis: The cultural change, and the larger environment. It’s been great to learn about independence but it’s definitely been an adjustment.

Bryant: The biggest change is that you have to actually study, and you have to work hard.

Hall: It’s more challenging and you have to be more serious about studying.

What has been your favorite part of Chapman so far?

Lewis: The people of course, but how many opportunities we have here. You have the freedom to be you.

Bryant: My favorite part of Chapman is having your freedom, but still having guidance.

Hall: I like the freedom you get. The teachers trust you to get your work done on your own

What extracurriculars are you part of, and what are you interested in joining in the future?

Lewis: I’m on the debate team, I’m a featured writer for the Prowl, and I’m in FCA as well. I really want to be on Newspaper for sure, and Mayor’s Youth Council, and join Student Council.

Bryant: I’m in volleyball, and I’m in Student Council.  I’m freshman vice president, and in Spanish club, theatre, and chorus. I’d like to join choralation.

Hall: I do basketball and student council. I am comfortable with what I’m currently doing, and I’m not sure about what I’ll do next.

What was your biggest misconception about high school?

Lewis: Everyone says it’s the best time of your life, and it is for sure, it’s just also really stressful. The classes are more difficult but it’s manageable.

Bryant: That the seniors were going to be mean.

Hall: On the first day, I was super nervous and thought about how mean everyone would be, but it is nothing like that. You get welcomed, and honestly, no one messes with anyone but their friends.