Upper state run revives baseball community

Back to Article
Back to Article

Chapman students decked out in orange at the pregame tailgate ready to cheer on the panthers in a game against Woodruff

Gracie Bryant, Editor

• Senior Brandon Adams playing cornhole

• Seniors Cassidy Bell and Jackson Hall

• Senior Thomas Grigg and sophomore Jacob Bagwell playing cornhole at the pregame tailgate

• Seniors Cassidy Bell and Haley Farmer

• Sophomore Emma Henderson

• Junior Mikele Colasurdo and senior Brandon Adams playing cornhole at the pregame tailgate

• Senior Thomas Grigg

• Senior Cassidy Bell painting up senior Thomas Grigg

• Junior Brandon Jones playing cornhole at the pregame tailgate

• Junior Dante Smith playing cornhole at the pregame tailgate

• Senior Brandon Adams and junior Ethan Cauthen

• Senior Brandon Adams

• Senior Jackson Hall

• Senior Cassidy Bell

• Seniors Thomas Grigg and Kirby Brown cheering on the Chapman Panthers

• Junior Dashun Mitchell, junior Noah Twitty and senior Thomas Grigg

• Junior Ethan Cauthen

• Senior Thomas Grigg showing his support for number 6, Jake Cothran

• Senior Kirby Brown

• Seniors Thomas Grigg and Kirby Brown

• Students in the 10th Man Student Section

• Sophomore Jacob Bagwell in his jorts and orange in support of the Panthers

• Students intensely watching the baseball game

• Freshman Sara Bryant

• Chapman students decked out in orange at the pregame tailgate ready to cheer on the panthers in a game against Woodruff

When fans walk into the Chapman High School baseball stadium, they are met by 20 plus high school students cheering and celebrating their team on. With the Chapman Panthers deep into playoffs, the 10th Man Student Section is more excited than ever.

“This year’s basketball season was the first time I ever really got to be a part of a student section and I fell in love with it,” senior Thomas Grigg said. “We decided to continue on the hype and go to baseball games. It started with just four guys bringing lawn chairs, but it continued to grow and now we are tailgating and have about 25 kids with us each week.”

The love of 10th Man isn’t just by students; players, coaches and fans love the element it brings to the game.

“Having a student section at the game is awesome,” varsity player Ben Rollins said. “It brings another level of intensity to the game and really gets the crowd into it.”

On April 29, varsity baseball faced Woodruff once again in hopes of securing another win against them to advance further into their fight towards the state championship. Having already beating Woodruff 5-0 in the opening round of playoffs, the Panthers had no issue dominating once again.

With a 9-2 win, they have secured a spot in the upper state championship and will play Cresent on Thursday, May 2 at Chapman High School. Time TBD.

No matter where or when the Panthers play, the 10th Man will continue to be there cheering on.

“We keep coming because our boys continue to work hard and dominate and our community continues to fall back in love with the game of baseball,” Grigg said.