Interact Club serves local community

Founded in 1962 by Rotary International, Interact Club focuses on bettering the community. 

Through “service over self,” the goal of Interact Club is to make a difference in the world.

“The goal is to aid the community,” Chapman Interact Club sponsor Amy Ballentine said.

Habitat for Humanity, the District 1 Color Run and the Blood Drive are some of the ways in which the Chapman Interact Club reaches their goals. Aiding in the Blood Drive and Teacher Appreciation here at Chapman, helping others in the community through the color run and Habitat for Humanity and even helping globally by Food Packing for Rise Against Hunger, 

Interact finds a way to go above and beyond in their service. 

Since the 2012-2013 school year, Interact club has served almost 2,000 hours. Ballentine has seen the difference that Interact club makes every year. 

“When we go and work with Habitat for Humanity, we meet people who are working on their house or are going to have a house in a year or so.” Ballentine said. “When we go as a group, we meet those who are paying it forward, and it is great not only for the students but for me too to see in the moment someone that you are helping.” 

Senior Molly Foxworth has been a member of the Interact Club since her freshman year and has enjoyed her time in the club.

“I have really loved the experience and love the opportunity to be more involved in my community,” Foxworth said. “Mrs. Ballentine is always providing us with great opportunities to serve.” 

Students who are interested in joining Interact Club should see Ballentine:

“We are open to all students — the only requirement is for them to be willing to serve.”