The hybrid model just might work

Photo courtesy of the New York Post.

When school started up, they gave the students the option to choose their schedule — all online or hybrid. They gave their students a choice to go back to school physically or to go back virtually. 

I, wanting to escape being trapped in the same house for around four to five months, of course chose the hybrid method. It’s better than going to regular school! 

It’s almost perfect for students who don’t want to get up and go somewhere at six to seven in the morning for five days a week but still want to get back onto a regular schedule.

How this hybrid method works is there are two groups of students, Group A, and Group B, split alphabetically. Group A goes on Mondays and Thursdays, and Group B goes on Tuesdays and Fridays, with Wednesdays being 100 percent online, giving the school a day to clean without students,

For the online days, most, if not all teachers are using the new tool called Apex Learning. Apex isn’t that bad for me. Actually, I’ve grown to like using Apex a little bit here and there. Apex has a simplistic layout and the necessary links users need to use are right there on the screen and not too difficult to find. And, since it’s online, I could do my assignments in a more comfortable environment, like my bedroom or living room.

Things have been going pretty well for these first two weeks of school. When I was absent on the first day of the second week, it didn’t even take me that long to catch back up, so when I got back the next day, I didn’t feel that far behind at all. 

We have more time to get work done for specific classes on the days we’re at home, and we got to come back to school to get out of the house, see some friends and learn.

Of course, this is only based on how the first two weeks of school have gone so far, and things may change and my opinion may also change, but for now I have good feelings about this semester.