I’m going to miss you, Chapman High School

Mark+Preston

Drew Timmons

Mark Preston

The end of my last week, of the last year, of the four short years of my high school career.

I had a great time in high school and I am kind of sad that I am at the end now.

I feel like I am going to miss high school, not because I want to be here or because I have a lot of great friends. I feel like I am going to miss the safety of Chapman.

I am scared of the real world past Chapman. Every graduated student who I have ever seen come back for a visit have all said the same basic thing: “I was not ready”.

I hope I am ready. I know I may not be and I am mentally prepared for that, but I am still terrified of the reality that I am not ready.

Nevertheless, I’m going to miss the great teachers who have taught me well, and would like to say I’m sorry to all the teachers who I have royally disappointed and angered.

I have to say that without some teachers here I would still be the shy, unconfident student I was when I arrived.

I don’t think I ever had a bad teacher experience that most students tell me, and I know I for a fact that I have don’t have any horror stories of my own.

If any freshmen read this, don’t be scared and don’t be in a rush. Take your time, and have fun. Don’t stress out on stories from students about demon teachers and ludicrous amounts of homework.

I hope anyone who reads this has a great time with the rest of their high school carrier and all teachers have great classes and great students.

With this, I leave. Best of luck to all.