The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

How to be more successful in school

Everyone knows that school can be hard on all ages of students. Nobody wants to go to school and do all the unnecessary work we have to do in order to be successful like going to college or pursuing a career. Instead of complaining about all the hard work we have to do, I’m going to give y’all two important tips to be successful in school in general.

Here are some tips to help you along the way during your high school years. 

Sleep is one of the most important things to stay active during the day. I know most students already get a lot of sleep because they either like to sleep or feel exhausted after a long day at school. 

Teenagers should get between 8-10 hours. 

“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise,” said Benjamin Franklin.

The second tip is to get better at time management. Things to enhance your ability at time management is to tackle the most difficult task first, avoid multitasking, and set reasonable time limits. 

The reason why I’m telling you to avoid multitasking is because studies show that when our brain is constantly switching gears to bounce back and forth between tasks, especially when those tasks are complex and require our active attention we become less efficient and more likely to make a mistake. Besides multitasking, setting a good time limit for doing work is also important. 

Everyone at some point in their life struggles on setting a time limit for themselves to do their work. What you should do is keep the time limit for each task small enough that it’s manageable but large enough that you can get something done. 

Charlie Munger, vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, said, “I think people who multitask pay a huge price. They think they’re being extra productive, and I think when you multitask so much you don’t have time to think about anything deeply”. 

At the end of the day it really depends on how you want to act in school. 

Freshman Bredy Ear said that reading books is also a good tip to be successful because reading books can up your vocabulary. Not only does regular reading help make you smarter, but it can also actually increase your brainpower. 

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.