The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

Chromebook repairs should happen throughout the day

Chromebooks often encounter issues related to battery, screens or general malfunction, which can cause inconvenience to students. 

However, due to arriving late to school, many students fail to report these problems in the morning. As a result, they have to wait until lunchtime to get their Chromebooks fixed. Since they need their Chromebooks in class, they are unable to take them to the library for repair, which can cause them to miss out on crucial classwork. Therefore, it would be beneficial to allow students to take their Chromebooks to the library during a class they need them in to get them fixed. This way, students will not miss any important classwork and it will be more convenient for them.

I feel that it may be more efficient for students to report issues with their Chromebooks rather than returning to class, and avoiding the need to take the device to the library during lunch. Chromebooks are valuable tools for promoting organization and productivity, and failing to turn them in on time can cause setbacks in completing classwork. Teachers can only print off so much work for the student to not get behind. Just letting students run up to the library to get the Chromebook checked out could help. This way students can know more about the information and know when they can get the Chromebook back.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.