Chapman volleyball is on a roll

The Chapman High School Volleyball team has had a triumphant season so far with the team going undefeated in the 3A region.

The Lady Panthers are 7-0 in their region this season.

“This year has been the most well-rounded year for us. I feel connected to my teammates more than ever,” Senior Bre Mabry said.

The team started training for the season all the way back towards the beginning of the summer.

“Since the summer began we have lifted and gone to camp to prepare for the season,” head coach Jennifer Allen said.

The team is made up of students from all four classes at Chapman.

“We have five seniors this year, and we have students all the way down to the 9th grade,” Allen said.

The players echo the words of Coach Allen about just how important it is to train for the season.

“Our team has come a long way since we started practicing together as a team,” Sophomore Lexi Irby said.” We have prepared for the season by working hard in our practices and scrimmages earlier in the year.”

The team is over halfway through their season and they feel that they can come out on top.

“As long as we play like we know how to play, we will win,” Mabry said.

“The rest of the season could be very successful for us if we keep working hard and fighting to stay on top,” Irby said.

“There will be no reason why we won’t be on top if we keep playing the way we know how to play,” Allen said.

The Panthers will play their next game against Mid Carolina on October 5th then Newberry on the 10th.

The season may be close to over for the Chapman team, but the ending is not set yet.