How Chapman changes people

Attending high school is a requirement, but that does not mean that it can’t change a person’s’ life.

Many students believe their lives have changed due to Chapman.

Senior Rachel Foggie is proud of the change she has had.

“Chapman has made me more responsible, and I have matured more going through high school,” Foggie said.

Foggie is excited and prepared for what the world outside of Chapman has to offer to her.

“I consider the change I’ve had to be good because it has made me a better person for the outside world,” Foggie said. “Chapman has gotten me more prepared for what I’m going to do outside of high school.”

Teachers have impacted the lives of the students at Chapman but more so Chapman has impacted theirs.

Social Studies teacher Gray Ramsey is proud of what Chapman does on a daily basis for him and the opportunity he has to know his students.

“Chapman is a very special place with a faculty and support staff that we have. Young people have the chance to learn from many great mentors,” Ramsey said.

He said that Chapman has helped him become a better teacher.

“Chapman has developed me into a better teacher on a daily basis,” Ramsey said. “Not only does the help of other great teachers but because of the students I have had the ability to teach. I learn just as much from them as much as they learn from me.”

Freshmen Chloe Lee hopes that Chapman will provide her with opportunities to fulfill her dreams.

“I hope to get more involved with school. I want to be known for the great accomplishments I achieve. If I can make a difference in others lives and be known for helping those, I will walk out happy,” Lee said. “I just want to be the best I can be.”

Freshman Donte Smith is involved in many different sports and hopes that he will continue to be successful in those sports.

“I want to get more involved in football, basketball and track. I want to have the chance to win a state ring with the boys I can call my brothers,” Smith said.

Smith not only wants athletics to be a change but also he wants a change in himself.

“I hope to be a leader and a person people can come to and trust. I want to be considered a role model and a leader. If anything, all I ask for in high school is to be helpful to those around me,” Smith said.