TEACHER FEATURE: Barry Burnette

TEACHER FEATURE: Barry Burnette

For Barry Burnette, teaching is more than just a job — it’s a calling. 

Inspired by a fifth-grade teacher who came to aid when no one else would, Burnette is dedicated to inspiring and guiding the next generation of students.

“This has nothing to do with me and all to do with them,” Burnett said.

Burnette believes that all students learn differently. 

That’s why he strives to adapt to each of his students to help them succeed. In his classroom, he uses real-life situations to teach his students, making the material more engaging and more memorable.

“He prepares me for the real world in a way no one else has,” said senior Faustino Gomez.

What sets Burnette apart is the relationships he builds with his students. Burnette believes that respect should go both ways, creating a positive and inclusive learning environment. 

His students have praised him for his approach.

“This is a class you’re going to be comfortable in and come in wanting to learn,”  Gomez said.

During his 18 years of teaching Burnette has remained committed to his students’ success. 

“Mr. Burnette has taught me how to apply the things we learn in school to day-to-day life,” said senior Riley Stefanacci.

But for Burnette, the ultimate goal is for each of his students to become a productive member of society. He believes that with the right guidance and support, every student can achieve their full potential. 

“Every student can learn,” he said. “It’s up to me to put it on a level they can learn.”

Donate to The Prowl
$500
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.