The student newspaper site of Chapman High School

The Prowl

The Prowl

The Prowl

New update in “Cookie Run” series is worthwhile

“Cookie Run: Kingdom” is the fourth major game in the “Cookie Run” series by Devsisters. It is a role-playing fighting game, or RPG, where you make a team of five characters, who are cookies, to fight enemies. It had a massive spike in popularity in 2021, but remains relevant with its fun characters and storylines and rather idle gameplay. It just had its third-anniversary update.

The third anniversary update was very hyped up since some accounts online had leaked the next upcoming cookie: White Lily Cookie (I know that’s not a flavor, but Shining Glitter Cookie is one of Earthbread’s most beloved celebrities). White Lily Cookie is an ancient cookie, the highest rarity in the game. She is also the last ancient to get released due to complications regarding her story-wise. She haunts the narrative of Kingdom, and the players are all well aware of it.

Needless to say, her release was very well received. 

Alongside White Lily, some quality of life updates were added. For example, there is a mode where you can send Cookies on a balloon expedition for battle materials. These can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 16 hours, and there was no way to skip it without using resources. Now, you can cancel the trips at any point at the expense of not getting any rewards. This way, you can switch out any characters you need for any other materials without waiting a whole day.

There is also the limited edition addition of the Anniversary Festival. This added a wheel where you can spin for rewards, a dice board game, a special gacha for rare characters, and a shop. You can buy pulls for White Lily Cookie or the special gacha from the shop, as well as special titles, dice, and fuel for your adventures on the new level.

Speaking of, another huge addition is Beast-Yeast, a new continent where the story is continued. The big villain and White Lily are apparently residing there, so the heroes head there to fight. The new area is a completely separate mode from the regular story mode and has three difficulties: Story, or easy, Normal, and Hard. It’s a fun area with plenty of new challenges, and it is beginner-friendly, a first in recent updates. 

Overall, this major update is not unwelcome in the slightest. I encourage you to check “Cookie Run: Kingdom” if your phone storage allows it, as this update is a great start for newcomers.

Donate to The Prowl
$600
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Chapman High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.