The specialness of a teacher

Bailey+Soden

Bailey Soden

A teaching salary is nothing compared to many other jobs. You can eventually get yourself a higher paycheck when you get your masters or doctorate but that takes a lot of your time and effort.

Teaching can be very stressful because you have to make sure your students are understanding everything you say.

However, if they don’t understand, you have to do whatever it takes to get them on the same page as everyone else.

Not everyone learns on the same level, so some students will understand right away and then you’ll have your other students who are on the struggle bus.

You have to be willing to stay after work hours (unpaid work hours) to help make sure your student passes your class to go on to the next grade.

Teaching is a career you have to go into knowing you’re willing to help others and to be patient.

You have to be able to care for the students like they are your own and frustration comes with this job but managing your anger is something you have to be able to do.

You will have your fair share of students with smart mouths, those who feel they are better than others, quiet ones, ones who struggle, ones who are brilliant and ones you grow a bond with that’ll always be special to you.

Teaching is something you have to be passionate about and know you will be willing to help a student. Children have to have a special place in your life in order to be a teacher.

“A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” Brad Henry