If I could go back in time

Bailey+Soden

Bailey Soden

Being a senior who is about to graduate and go off to college, I have learned many things throughout high school.

But if I could go back and tell my younger self anything, I would tell myself to enjoy my high school moments.

If I could go back to my freshman year, I would get more involved in athletics and clubs.

Being a senior, scholarships are very important and a lot of scholarships come from athletics. Unfortunately I chose not to participate in athletics in school.

I would try out for the basketball, track or softball teams.

When I was younger, my parents put me into sports, but I had my heart set on something else.

If I could go back, I would enjoy the football games.

I was the freshman who sat with the students but never went all out.

I would go all out.

I would go to all the games, home and away.

I would paint up, by crazy neon clothes and wear all my Panther Nation clothes I had, but instead I sat down with my friends and four years later regret it.

If I could go back, I would take my academics serious every year but mainly my freshman year.

They aren’t joking when they say your freshman year matters.

Your GPA follows you all throughout your high school career. It doesn’t take a lot for it to drop, but it takes a lot to bring it back up.

Take your school work seriously.

This is my last year, my last semester to make everything count.

Soon I will be packing up and driving off to college telling all my hometown friends goodbye.

I’ll be making new ones.

Cherish each moment with your friends because high school flies by.

If I could go back, I would thank every teacher and bump in the road because they made me stronger.

If I could go back, I would just enjoy every moment and second of high school because I’m about to tell it all goodbye.